DONA approved, 3-day workshop to prepare women to provide continuous emotional, informational, physical support and advocacy to a laboring woman. Led by nationally acclaimed childbirth educator and one of the founding members of DONA, Connie Sultana guides participants through the professional skill necessary to becoming a doula through didactic learning and ongoing support.
- The significance of birth in the life of a woman
- Communication Skills
- Working with hospital staff and care providers
- How to set up and market your doula practice
- How to interview with a potential client
- How to conduct a prenatal visit
- What happens in a postpartum visit
- Emotional support in each stage of labor
- The 3 R’s — Rhythm, Relaxation and Ritual
- Emotional support during Cesarean birth and VBAC
- Positions and advanced comfort measures for labor and birth
- Tried and True Tricks of the Trade
- What’s in a birth bag
The next workshop will be December 4th-6th, 2015.
Contact Connie directly at email@example.com for more information about registration.