Our Core Values—Trust, Respect, & Support
At Santa Rosa Birth Center, we trust:
- your body to do what is needed;
- your birth to be normal until proven otherwise;
- your intuition to tell us what you need;
- our skills to keep you and your baby healthy and safe
- you, as a unique woman, mother, partner, and human being;
- your family into which your baby is being born;
- your ability to make decisions about your body, your birth and your baby;
- the knowledge and efforts of colleagues who are our partners in providing your care.
We support you, the women and families who come to us, by:
- providing sensitive, evidence-based midwifery care that we continually improve by advancing our skills and knowledge of pregnancy, birth, and women’s health;
- educating you to make decisions about your body and birth;
- advocating for your desires when you receive care outside the Birth Center;
- allowing you time for conversation, questions, and connection with the midwives and our staff.